Sunday, December 5, 2010

a letter to nonna in heaven

Dear Nonna,
I miss you already. Last Wednesday morning when we went back over to your house I asked Daddy where you were. He reminded me that you are in heaven with Jesus now. I am so glad that you are not sick any more and that you have a new body. I wanted to let you know that I will love you forever and will not forget you. I also wanted to let you know I will tell Brother all about you. He needs to know what a wonderful Nonna you were to us. I also want him to get excited for when he sees you again in heaven someday.

First, he should know that we call yogurt "Nonna Yogurt" because you are the one that introduced me to yogurt flavored with fruit, rather than the spinach mommy had been using. I am very grateful to enjoy my yogurt now. I also plan to introduce him to bagels as soon as Mommy will let me.

I will share all the hundreds and hundreds of books you have given me so that he will also share a love for reading too. I know you can't read to him like you once read to me, so I will work on learning to read so I can do that same for him.

I will share the outfits you saved from when Daddy was a little boy. I am so thankful that you took such great care of them so that Brother and I could enjoy wearing them as well. I am looking forward to wearing the blue jacket and shorts with overalls for Christmas this year.

I will teach him the importance of calling family. I will call my family frequently the way you once called us. When Brother and I leave home, I will make sure to call him often. I will also ask him questions about how he is doing and actually listen and care the way you did.

I will make sure he says "I love you" to the people he loves. I know sometimes I just went on playing with my toys, but I loved that you told me you loved me all the time.

Even though I loved visiting you in Chicago and at the lake, I look forward to being close by you when we are in heaven. You are just too wonderful to be so far apart from. I will meet you in your garden just as soon as we get it built. It will be a special place for us to meet to read, my favorite thing to do with you. I love you Nonna,
Your Chunky Monkey

2 comments:

  1. So sweet-thanks for sharing--hope you all are getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my dear, cole (krista), you had me crying at the first sentence of your sweet letter. your nonna is so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete