Saturday, October 30, 2010

getting ready for halloween

I think holidays are fun. So does Mommy, so we did a few fun things to get ready for Halloween this week.
I painted my little pumpkin. I decided that since Brother can't paint his, then I should go ahead and help him out.
My finished masterpieces!
Kami gave me a spider muffin. I like to sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider to this little guy.

Instead of a messy and potentially dangerous carving experience, we decided to use these really big Mr. Potato Head pieces to decorate our pumpkin. He was wearing the hat I have on in this picture, but I decided I need the red one and he could wear the navy and maroon one.
Is his face is on straight?
Ok, we are ready to party!
We are "growing" ghouls in water. These little guys should get 4 time bigger. I will take pictures and show you when they are done growing.

I would show you a picture of my costume, but that would take away all of the fun. Check back tomorrow for those pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Aww!!! You did pumpkins too! I used just basic acrylic paint. I let the kids paint with the acrylic paint last year and the pumpkins turned out cuter. This year, I gave them washable paint and it barely showed up. I love Monkey's pumpkins too! He did a great job!

    ReplyDelete