Thursday, February 26, 2009

to texas and back

Well, sorry for the blogging break. I have been a busy boy! I have been in Texas with Mommy and Daddy for the last 6 days and have lots to report back to you about. This blog will be longer than usual, but hopefully you will find it even more entertaining! On the plane to Houston I got my very own ticket! Also, since the plane was so empty I got my own seat. Mommy and Daddy seemed a little too excited about that though. The flight was great and included a very messy in flight meal and a little 30 minute nap. After we got to Houston we got in the car and headed to Austin. We went to visit an old college friend of Daddy's when we got there. I was a little disturbed by a very scary storm trooper mask, but thankfully their Mommy put it away. After not being allowed to eat a cookie we left and went over to the daddy's friend Kit's house.

Mommy and Daddy thought I was a chunky Monkey until they met Henry. He is 13 months old and weighs in at about 30 pounds. I was intimidated from the start. The picture of us does not do him justice. I am not accustomed lots of noise so it took me a little while to warm up. Henry let me play with the greatest toy I have ever seem- a yellow car. Dr. Kit thought it was sad that I don't have any toys with wheel and frankly I agree. After a great weekend of talking, eating and napping we left to head back to Houston, but not before Henry gave me a yellow car to take home! Hours of entertainment here we come! We were so thankful to there family for their great hospitality!
Here is a video of me enjoying my new car. I call this the Uh-Oh game! I still have not figured out how to roll the car.

On our way to the hotel, we went to visit some friends from Atlanta that have moved to Houston. Alex flew in from Waco just to see me (well I like to think that at least!). I felt very loved and honored. There were 2 dogs and a man with the same haircut as me, so I really liked there house. After a great meal we had to head to the hotel for bedtime. Mommy and Daddy were nervous about sharing a room with me, but I was excited about getting whatever I wanted in the middle of the night! One night I managed to get 2 extra feedings! I have learned the good times to turn on the cry!

Monday afternoon Mommy and I explored the hotel and went for a very long walk in Memorial Park. While on the walk I saw a very long train, 3 horses and lots of dogs. It was a great time! Tuesday afternoon we hung out in the grassy area at the hotel enjoying the beautiful weather.


Daddy did a great job speaking. I can personally vouch for what a great job he did. I tried to tell him he was doing a good job in the middle of one talk, but Mommy took me out to the hall. Yet again, rude Mommy.

Tuesday late afternoon at another one of Daddy's college friend's house I started to not feel very good. That morning I had been sneezing and felt a little stuffy in the nose, but that afternoon I felt really bad. My eyes were watery, my nose was running like crazy and I was sneezing up a storm! I felt miserable. We quickly left and went back to the hotel. I felt better just a few minutes after we got back. I think I might be allergic to Texas. Mommy also thinks I may have picked up a little cold on the plane.

On the way home God was VERY good to us and we were able to go from our 5:25pm flight to a 4:00 flight. It was smooth sailing through the airport, on the plane and home. We were all very tired from all of the adventure though!

Here is one last funny thing I wanted to show you. This is a picture from dinner at a Texas bar-b-que place. Please guess how many things Mommy says are wrong with this picture. (My answer is ZERO! As you can tell I was loving life).

1. Mommy forgot the highchair cover at the hotel so I actually am touching the highchair.

2. I am turned sideways. Mommy does not let me do this an home, but she could not get me to stay forward without a safety belt. There were way too many crazy people to just sit facing forward!

3. No bib. It was at the hotel with the cover.

4. You can't really tell from the picture but there is baby food all over the ground. I pulled the jar off of the table and it shattered all over this ground. It is a good thing we were outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment