Tuesday, April 29, 2008

58 Ounces!

I received some disturbing news at the doctor today. "Normal" babies gain 20-24 ounces in one month, but I gained 58 ounces. I must admit I felt a little compelled to live up to my nickname, "chunky monkey." I know I shouldn't let others define me, but peer pressure is hard to resist sometimes. The doctor just kept on grinning at me and saying, "58 ounces" over and over again. He was obviously impressed. I know I'm not supposed to brag either so I find myself in a bit of a quandry. Mom is feeling much better about herself. Word on the street is I might not get to eat every three hours any more....



3 comments:

  1. netSometimes you wonder why you are payng that insurance co-pay to have the pediatrician measure and weigh your baby each month, but a little reassurance and encouragement for a nursing mom is invaluable!! Even after 3. Way to Go, Cole!! Way to Go, Krista!!

    Becky Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least someone in the family will be cute and chubby! Everyone loves a fat baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...he looks precious...no one wants to see a skinny baby aways! I think he weighs almost as much as his cousin...who is two months older...hmm

    ReplyDelete